The Redmi A2 series is set to launch in India on May 19 and there will be two phones, namely Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+. Since the A2 series has been already announced elsewhere, we know what to expect from them. There is one key difference between the two devices and that is the presence of a rear-mounted fingerprint reader on the Plus model. Rest, everything else is the same between the two.
Redmi A2 series specs and features
Redmi A2 Plus (Right)
We suppose the two phones will be the same as their global counterparts.
1. Redmi A2 series sport a 6.52-inch LCD display with HD resolution, 400 nits of peak brightness and a waterdrop notch.
2. Within the notch lies a 5MP selfie camera that can record up to 1080p @30 fps. The rear cameras include an 8MP main camera and a 0.08MP depth sensing module. Even from the back, you can shoot videos up to FHD at 30 frames per second.
3. Inside the phones there is a MediaTek Helio G36 chipset with a 5000mAh battery (supporting 10W charging). The memory configurations include 2GB RAM+ 32GB storage and 3GB RAM+ 32GB storage. The phone supports microSD card storage expansion too. This will be a dedicated slot.
4. The global model ships with Android 12 Go Edition and MIUI skin on top. However, in India, Xiaomi has teased to boot the device with Android 13 software (probably, Go edition).
5. The connectivity options include micro-USB 2.0, WiFi, dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS. You also get FM radio support and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The phone has been released in the global market in Black, Light Blue, and Light Green colours.
As already mentioned, the Redmi Note 12 Pro+ has got a fingerprint sensor on the back which the vanilla variant misses.
Xiaomi will launch the Redmi A2 series in India on May 19 at 11 AM (IST). It has also hosted a promotional page for the series. With colourful imagery, the brand is teasing various features of the Redmi A2 duo. It also has a small game as an engagement activity. Take part in it and you can stand a chance to win exciting giveaways.
product reviews, sci-tech features and updates, keep reading
Digit.in or head to our
Google News page.